Tuesday, October 7, 2008

...tell me about Copper Kettle Camp.




When I say Jimmy is "at the cabin" many of you are wondering what I am talking about. Jimmy is a member of the Copper Kettle Camp cabin. His dad and three other men are also members. Hopefully soon Tate and Steve will be members, too. Jimmy's dad, Jim, is an original member. The cabin has two rooms with bunks, a bathroom, living room, and kitchen. My favorite part is the screened in porch. I also love the fireplace outside. The guys go up each fall and spring to work on things in and around the cabin. All the other times Jimmy is at the cabin he is hunting. Even though I don't like when he is away, I am so happy that he has a place that we will be able to take our kids one day, just the way his parents took him and Tate when they were little. The cabin is a special place for many reasons. You are surrounded by nature and cut off from the outside world. There is no television or cell phone reception. Don't worry ladies, they do have running water! For the men, there are guns and knives. For everyone, there is bonding, beverages, and nature! Now, you can all have a picture of the cabin in daylight taken by my wonderful husband, aspiring professional photographer!

Note: Do not be alarmed by the gun in the last picture. I don't think Jimmy would approve this post unless I promised to include that picture. Not only is it artistic, it also shows a bond between brothers and a pretty sharp looking gun!



0 comments: